I asked Pepper for her recipes for this and this is what she sent me. Then Amber asked me to send it to her and I told her that I would post it here. Soooooo TA DA!!!
SWEET PORK
1 pork loin or pork roast (up to 4 lbs for one recipe)
1 1/2 cans Coca-cola classic (I don’t think pepsi would work)
1 cup sugar
1 (7 oz) can Chipotle Chiles in ADOBO sauce
1 heaping tsp each of Dry Ground Mustard and Cumin
1 tsp minced garlic.
1. Remove the chiles from the can of adobo sauce. (If you like super-spicy foods, leave one or two chiles in. If you want to clean the system, go ahead and use them all . . .)
2. Add all ingredients (except pork, of course) in a blender. Rinse can of adobo sause with coca-cola to get all the sauce out. Blend until well mixed.
3. Place pork in crock pot and pour sauce over it. Cook on low for 7-9 hours or until the pork pulls apart with a fork.
CAFE RIO SALAD DRESSING
1 buttermilk ranch dressing packet
1cup buttermilk
1 cup mayo
2 tomatillos, diced
1 jalepeno—seeded
½ bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of one lime
Use a food processor/blender to blend well. Refrigerate for one to two hours before using.
LIME RICE
1 cup dry rice cooked in 2 cups Swanson’s 100% fat free chicken broth
1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
2 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Combine all ingredients and cook in Rice cooker.
2 tbsp. minced cilantro (optional, add after cooking)(yields 8 (1/4 cup) servings)
BLACK BEANS
2 15.5oz. cans Great Value Black Beans
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Combine and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes(yields 8 (1/2 cup) servings)
When I made this I just opened the can of beans and heated them up. This is not exactly like Cafe Rio but is very good. I also bought the flour tortillas that you cook yourself. They don't take any longer to cook than they do to heat up.
I hope you all like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Am I just incredibly dumb or what the heck is ABODO?
Just reading the title of this entry made me drool. New England-ites do not know anything about cabo salads (add that to my long list of other things they haven't got a clue about...grrr).
That sounds amazing!!!!!! Hi! This is Heather Norton (used to live in Hawaii). I randomly found your blog through Nancy Wood's. Good to hear what you guys are up to!
Post a Comment