*Quick disclaimer: This is not my actual smoothie, rather a photo I found online ;)As requested by Amber, here is a healthy way to start your day...and if you have poo troubles, this one's for you!! The great thing about smoothies are you can add or subtract ingredients to get you own personal flava flav going. So here's what I do...
1/2 orange
2-3 strawberries (fresh are best)
1/4-1/2 cup blueberries (I use frozen as long as they have no sugar added)
1/2 ripe banana (green ones are yucky)
1/2 cup plain (unsweetened) fat free yogurt
3 Tbsp flaxseed
1-3 Tbsp whey protein (start with 1 to get used it)
1 Tbsp-ish honey
Water or milk if needed to help liquify
If you use all fresh fruit, add a few ice cubes if you'd like
Combine above ingredients in a blender. This makes a pretty hefty size smoothie but since breakfast is supposed to consist of a greater portion of your calories, this helps for sure! When I get sick of drinking my breakfast, I sometimes make a parfait with these ingredients by mixing the yogurt, whey protein, and honey together and then add cut up fruit and flaxseeds on top.
2 comments:
That sounds so good. Thanks for posting that Chelice!
Chelice I love this shake! I can't get enough of it. I think it probably tastes so good, because I don't put the Whey in it, but I feel so healthy when I drink it. So many fruits in it. Thanks again for posting it!
Post a Comment