Saturday, February 2, 2008

Chicken Taco Soup

Grandma Brown (Elva) gave this one to Dad. I haven't tried it yet but she love it. I will try it soon, but in the meantime you might want to also. It sounds good.


1 can (14 or 15 oz. cans) black beans rinsed and drained. 1 can pinto beans also rinsed and drained
1 cam whole Kernal corn, drained
2 cans chicken broth
1 jar (16 oz. thick and chunky mild salsa
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
3 Cups shredded chicken (or Rotiseri chicken or canned Chicken breasts)
1 garlic clove, or 1 t. bottled pressed garlic)
2 TBS chili pwd.
1 tsp. ground cumin
Dump all ingred. into Crock pot =3 to 6 hrs.
Top each bowl with:optional toppings.
shredded cheese, sour cream,crushed torilla chips
sliced green onions
So easy. If you don't have Rotiserri chicken. you can use canned chicken breasts (I get at Costco's)

1 comment:

Pepper said...

This sounds really good. I can't wait to make it. I'm proud of all your blogging posts and comments, madre.